S. Horowitz is one of Israel's leading firms for providing local and foreign not for profit organisations, charities, amutot, public benefit companies and private endowments with comprehensive advice on organisational, compliance, planning, governance, funding and commercial arrangements and tax issues.
Our clients include philanthropists, not for profit organisations, charities, foundations and private grant-making endowments whose causes range across a broad spectrum of purposes including education, research, health and social care, religion, heritage and the arts, welfare and the environment.
The firm's expertise includes advising and providing guidance on the following:
- Establishing, registering and on-going filing and regulatory requirements of public benefit companies, amutot and private endowments
- Foreign non-profit organisations’ and charities’ activities in Israel, in particular practical advice on the Israeli regulatory provisions that apply to such organisations and the manner by which they may operate in Israel
- The tax and regulatory issues arising from the carrying out of commercial operations whether through a special purpose vehicle or in co-operation with other parties
- Trustees’ and officers duties and responsibilities
- Fund raising and tax advice regarding lifetime and testamentary donations
- Governance and internal disputes
- Tax compliance
- Legacy disputes