Our telecommunications team combines telecoms experts with competition, data protection, corporate, information management, intellectual property, finance and commercial specialists, in order to cover all legal aspects of the telecoms arena. By translating our expertise into high quality, practical and commercial advice we help our clients to maintain their key roles in the marketplace. Our work in the field has been recognised by the legal directories where the Legal 500 has ranked us in the top tier for telecommunications and has described the team as being "the best for service and professionalism".
We advise on the full range of issues in the sector, from regulatory and commercial to mergers and acquisitions. Our expertise includes:
- Representing clients before Israeli regulatory authorities and negotiating operating, control and pledge permits and licences from the Ministry of Communications and other regulatory agencies
- Advising on the financing of the construction and operation of mobile phone operators, broadcasters, satellite operators and the operators of submarine cable telecommunications systems
- Advising on intellectual property, competition law and other regulatory issues specific to the industry
- Acting on mergers and acquisitions of companies engaged in the telecommunications sector, including handling both the corporate aspects and all associated regulatory approvals
- Advising on joint ventures and strategic alliances with telecommunications companies, handling both the corporate aspects and the associated regulatory approvals
- Data protection and privacy issues
- Obtaining permits for the export of encryption technology and other dual use technology that would otherwise be unlawful under Israel's implementation of the Wassenaar Arrangement
Our clients include multinational telecommunications companies, mobile phone manufacturers, mobile phone operators, satellite operators, network operators, cable franchisees, internet content providers, internet service providers, newspapers and the institutions that finance and invest in telecommunications activities.