We have unrivalled expertise advising on the full spectrum of legal and commercial issues relating to the insurance sector. Our clients include many of the world's largest insurance companies, Israel's major insurance companies, Lloyd's syndicates, brokers, HMOs and underwriters. We work regularly with international law firms on insurance-related transactions and proceedings related to Israel.
Our transactional and litigation experience in the insurance field includes:
- Advising the insurance industry on corporate and regulatory issues, in particular advising on minimum capital requirements and permits to conduct insurance business and obtaining control permits from the Israeli Supervisor of Insurance Companies
- Negotiating, arbitrating and litigating insurance coverage disputes
- Defending insurers in individual and class actions against allegations of breach of good faith and fair dealing, violations of Israeli insurance regulations and fraud
- Advising on policy wording and disputes regarding their contractual interpretation
- Verifying compliance of insurance programs within the context of project and general corporate financing
- Advising on the regulatory aspects on the acquisition of insurance companies
- Advising on insurance aspects of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and corporate restructurings
- Advising on insurance within the context of project and infrastructure financings, including the taking of security over insurance policies
Our lawyers, with expertise in litigation, regulatory compliance, transactions and public policy, are able to draw on a wealth of experience in order to tackle the multitude of issues faced by clients.
The firm is regularly ranked among the leading firms in Israel for its insurance practice by the Legal 500.