The food and drugs legal practice requires specific experience and deep understanding of numerous laws, regulations and procedures. We are unique in Israel for having the necessary skills, experience and knowledge to offer a one-stop shop service to our clients on all regulatory, intellectual property, product liability, competition law, tax, corporate, commercial, funding, supply chain and pricing issues that face the food and drug sector.
Our clients span the entire range of the industry – including major global convenience foods companies, carbonated and soft drinks manufacturers, convenience foods and beverage franchisors, innovative and generic pharmaceutical companies, major tobacco companies, medical device companies, industry trade associations, medical and healthcare start-ups, academic institutions, healthcare providers and other entities that provide services and finance to the sector.
Our team has unrivalled expertise in advising on the full spectrum of non-contentious and contentious matters relating to the industry, including:
- Advising on regulatory issues arising from the registration, marketing and commercialisation of food and drug products in Israel (we regularly act for clients on complex product registrations and clearances involving the Israeli Ministry of Health)
- Distribution and agency agreements, franchising agreements, regulatory matters relating to safety, product recalls and adverse events
- Product liability claims (including defending against individual and class action claims)
- Complex licensing and cooperation agreements
- Conducting legal due diligence of food and drug companies within the context of financings, investments and acquisitions
- Mergers and acquisitions of companies engaged in the food and drug industry
- Patent and trade mark disputes
- Advising on parallel imports
- Competition law
- R&D collaborations
- Marketing arrangements
- Product liability