Breaches of Israeli competition and antitrust law are subject to fines, carry the risk of criminal proceedings being instituted against officers and directors and expose parties to private enforcement, whether by way of large complex class actions or in the context of commercial disputes where a party seeks to renege on its obligations. The Israeli competition and antitrust law authorities also have the power to declare a concern as being a monopoly as well as conduct market investigations and regulate industry behaviour in oligopolistic and monopolistic markets.
Combining S. Horowitz & Co's market-leading skills in dispute resolution and our formidable expertise in competition and antitrust law, we have developed one of Israel's premier contentious competition law practices.
We have extensive experience defending multinationals and large companies in class actions which seek substantial damages typically following a finding, whether from the European Union or Israel, of a contravention of competition law.
Our expertise includes:
- Representing clients before competition and antitrust law authorities
- Challenging decisions of the competition and antitrust law authorities
- Representing clients in class as well as stand-alone actions arising from allegations of anti-competitive behaviour
- Representing companies and their officers in criminal and civil court proceedings in connection with breaches of Israeli competition law
- Representing complainants challenging the anti-competitive conduct of their competitors or suppliers