Our regulatory practice advises domestic and international companies, financial institutions and company officers on the ever-changing requirements of the various Israeli regulators. We assist our clients in navigating their way through the variety of Israeli regulators and governmental authorities, which tend to have different powers, authority and legislative motivation for the regulation of the various business activities that fall within their overlapping purview.
We have extensive experience representing clients before the wide range of regulatory authorities. This has enabled us to establish over the years an excellent working relationship with many of Israel's regulators.
On the non-contentious side we advise on:
- The process for obtaining regulatory consents in order to operate or to acquire a material interest in a regulated company, including insurance companies, provident funds, financial services companies, members of the stock exchange, banks, telecommunication companies, energy companies, companies operating in the fields of defence and former government companies in which the State has declared a strategic interest
- Regulatory consents and regulatory compliance applicable on a change of control
- Corporate governance
- Regulatory compliance and registrations applicable for the sale and marketing of products and services in Israel, including consumer products, food and drugs, turbines, financial products, military equipment and telecommunication devices
- Business licences
- Permits for the export of encryption technology and other dual use technology that would otherwise be unlawful under Israel's implementation of the Wassenaar Arrangement on Export Controls for Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies
- Risk management and regulatory compliance relating to fraud and financial crime, including money laundering, bribery, corruption, whistle blowing and matters relating to corporate and social responsibility. We are one of the few firms in Israel to have extensive experience working on cross-border bribery allegations and US Foreign Corrupt Practices compliance programs and investigations
- Regulatory compliance and registrations applicable for the maintenance, storage or processing of a database